With the ever changing face of the NHS and the way in which it delivers its services to patients, GP Federations are becoming an increasingly common method of practices combining their efforts to control costs whilst addressing patient needs.
We act for a number of GP federations operating as limited companies and not for profit partnerships. We work alongside the board and finance team to ensure that the finances are adequately controlled.
We provide a comprehensive range of accounting services for GP federations as well as preparing annual account and tax declarations.
We can help you with: -
• Helping set up the federation, advising on the type of company, the articles, etc.
• Attending board meetings to help where needed
• Providing/assisting with bookkeeping requirements
• Producing regular financial statements up to monthly profit and loss accounts and balance sheets
• Accounting system Implementation and record checks
• Cost centre and divisional accounting
• Preparation of statutory accounts and related tax return
• Company secretarial work
• Advice on whether to or how to set up a new limited company
• Assistance in understanding the implications of the IR35 rule
Our experienced team is supported by a firm of Independent Financial Advisers who give expert financial advice to the medical sector. The financial advisors have a specialised and comprehensive knowledge of the NHS pension scheme and NHS consultant contracts, in order to help our Doctors, Salaried GPs, Locums and consultants make informed and effective decisions.